A little history about our funeral home. O.J. Beidelman purchased the Jennings Funeral Home in Panora in 1954 and in 1957, he expanded and opened a second funeral home in Guthrie Center. They were called Beidelman Funeral Home.
O.J. Beidelman's son, David, after graduating from mortuary school, returned to the family business where he served his internship and received his license. David took over the operation of the business in 1981.
In August 2000, the Twigg family came together and purchased both the Guthrie Center and Panora funeral homes. Doug and Kathy made their home at the Guthrie Center funeral home and Curtis, Becky & their two daughters, Mathison & Morgan made their home at the funeral home in Panora. In October of 2010, Doug and Kathy's other son, Craig, joined the family business and made his home at the Guthrie Center funeral home, while Doug and Kathy moved into the house they owned in Guthrie Center. Doug retired in 2012, but is still visable at most funerals.
While we offer affordable, quality merchandise with many options, service has remained foremost. The goal of the Twigg family has always been to lighten the burdens of people when they are at their weakest and to give them extra support they may need.